|This article is about Harvest Goddess, a character from Harvest Moon DS and Harvest Moon DS: Cute. You may be looking for Harvest Goddess in her other appearances throughout the series.|
The Harvest Goddess (
The Harvest Goddess cannot be married until player has rescued at least 60 Harvest Sprites which will bring the lovely goddess back. However, there are extra requirements that need to be satisfied before she accepts your marriage proposal.
The extra requirements to marry her are as following:
- Be on your 5th year or beyond
- Ship at least 1 of everything available
- Get the Legendary Sword and unlock the field behind the Waterfall
- Discover every type of item hidden in the 4 mines
- Find all 101 Harvest Sprites
When you complete tasks a certain amount of time, you will be congratulated by the Goddess. Each time you see the scene, you will increase her Love Points by +3000. In a sense, the "good job" scenes are heart events with a hefty boost to her affection. You can get these scenes by:
- Having pedometer steps at 1000, 10,000, 100,000, 1,000,000, 10 million, and 100 million
- Putting items in 1000, 10,000, 100,000, 1,000,000, 10 million, and 100 million amounts to your shipping bin
- Catching 1000, 10,000, 100,000, 1,000,000, 10 million, and 100 million of 1 type of fish
- Shipping at least 1 of everything available in the game
- Reaching the bottom floor of all 4 mines
- Finding all kinds of items hidden in the mines
- Reaching floor 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 10,000, 20,000, 30,000, 40,000, 50,000, and 60,000 of the mines
Black Heart Event
- Find 60 Harvest Sprites
Right after you find your 60th Sprite, the Harvest Goddess will return from the other world. She will thank you and invite you to visit her pond. To summon her, simply toss a gift into the Goddess pond. Whatever item you toss into the pond counts as a gift, so make sure to give her things she likes.
Purple Heart Event
- 10,000 steps on your Pedometer
- Ship at least 10,000 of 1 type of item
- Catch at least 10,000 of 1 type of fish
- Reach the bottom of the 1st Mine
- After requirements met, throw a gift into her pond
The Goddess will welcome you like always, but she seems a little down. She explains that her boss is angry at her for not keeping the pond clean. There's not much she can do because it's from all of the offerings, and they sink to the bottom of the spring. She cleans everything else herself though. Doesn't her boss see that? The Goddess feels better now, since she was able to rant to you for a bit about her boss.
Blue Heart Event
- Unlock all 9 channels of the Sprite Station
After you toss in an offering into her spring, she will seem sad again. Goddess is worried about her rival, the Witch Princess. The Witch always gets in her way, but Goddess will not lose! Tell her that you'll "support the Harvest Goddess" and she'll thank you. Now she's going to work hard.
Yellow Heart Event
- Give her at least 500 gifts, 1 gift per day
After greeting you, the Goddess seems weary. She explains she has been tired lately. Goddess has to clean the area, hook up couples who like each other, and all the busywork has worn her out. Sometimes she wishes she could be a normal human. If she was a human she wouldn't have all these troubles.
Tell her "That's not true". The Goddess admits you're probably right and she shouldn't say such things.
The Harvest Goddess does not appear to be marriageable in the North American version of HMDS due to bugs introduced in the localization coding. In order to marry you need to ship items made of Buckwheat Flour, which can't be acquired by most people. There are a handful of very lucky players that have received it from the New Years Eve festival but 90% polled have indicated they never have received it from Thomas. But if it does not work, try taking off equipped items too. Likewise, the Choker/Necklace does not appear in the Mining List even if you truly found one at the Excavation site, which fails the "find everything in the mine" requirement. These glitches are present in version 1.0 and version 1.05 of the game.
Version 1.1 of the game fixed these bugs, making Harvest Goddess available to be married in North American version.