In the Maker Shed in Harvest Moon 3DS: A New Beginning holds several makers available to convert your raw goods into processed items. When you get all five makers built, it helps increase the star rank of the items made in each maker.
The blueprint for the Maker Shed is available at Rebecca's shop starting on Fall 1 of your first year. The blueprint costs 1600 G and requires 20 Material Stone, 20 Lumber, 3 Brick, and 1 Amethyst. After the shed has been built, you can buy blueprints for the maker machines at Rebecca's Designs:
- Fermenter is used to convert animal products, such as milk into cheese, eggs into mayonnaise, and fruit into jams.
- Requires 10 Small Material Stone, 5 Bottles, 2 Silver, and 1 Adamantite.
- Cloth Maker is for converting wool into yarn, flax and cotton into cloth, and colored down into colored cloth.
- Requires 10 Small Material Stone, 5 Bottles 2 Copper, and 3 Clippers.
- Seed Maker is a key tool used to increase the Star Rank of your crops. Place a crop into the Seed Maker to receive a bag of seeds with the same Star Rank in return. Then plant the seeds to grow higher ranked crops.
- Requires 10 Small Material Stone, 5 Bottles, 2 Copper, and 3 Fertilizers
- Miller is for grinding flowers and herbs into perfume, and raw grains into flour. This blueprint unlocks once you have harvested at least 30 flowers and/or herbs.
- Requires 10 Material Stone, 5 Bottles, 3 Sandrose, 1 Iron Hammer, and 10 Walnuts. You will have to craft the Iron Hammer using your studio.
- Medicine Maker creates potions like Stamina Saver and Canine Companion.
- To unlock you need to have the other makers and had to use them at least 300 times. Requires 10 Black Material Stone, 50 Scrap Metal, 3 Jade, 3 Fluorite, and 3 Topaz.