The main activity during this festival is the tomato fight in which you and your team throws tomatoes at the opposing time while dodging the tomatoes thrown at you. This takes place during the tomato throwing mini game.
During the festival, you can also speak to the villagers to increase their affection level by 5. Speaking to any of the marriage candidates will increase their affection level by 500. If you win, you will get an additional 20 points of affection towards each villager and 500 for each girl.
In this mini game, there are two teams who throw tomatoes at each other. Speaking to the mayor will allow you enter the competition. In order to compete, you must speak to the following team members as stated below between 10AM and 2:30PM.
There are four teams in the festival that the player can join (automatically replacing one of the team members) Talk to the following people to be asked if you want to join their team:
- Star Team: Ann, Doug, Gray
- Person to talk to join: Ann
- Chicken Team: Popuri, Kai, Rick
- Person to talk to join: Popuri
- Sheep Team: Elli, Stu, May
- Person to talk to join: Elli
- Coconut Team: Manna, Duke, Cliff
- Person to talk to join: Manna
Agreeing to join will start the round automatically.
After selecting a team, Mayor Thomas will explain how to play:
- Triangle button - Take cover behind barrel
- X button - Ready tomato (stand up) / Throw tomato
- D-Pad (Left & Right) - Select target
If you get hit by a tomato, you're out of the game until the next round. Defeat two teams to win the competition.
- In Harvest Moon: Back To Nature For Girl, if Cliff moves out in the town, Pete will replace Cliff's place in the Coconut Team.